Hi, Crafty Friends!!
Halloween is drawing closer!! And I'm here with team DCWV with these super cute and easy to assemble lantern treat boxes!!
OK, OK... I'll admit they were not originally treat boxes! They are actually mini luminaries from
DCWV's DIY Project Stack Luminaries!! But I just love it when we can find multiple purposes for the same products don't you?!!
And this stack is just that!!
They are amazingly simple to put together too!! All sheets included in these DCWV stack come pre-perforated and scored. So, all you need to do is punch them out!! No measuring or scoring!! WooHoo!! What a great time saver!
- Windows and holes are still intact to keep the integrity of the shapes. So punch those out.
- Then fold along the crease marks.
- For the the peak of the lantern fold inward. (Think reverse milk carton spout).
- Add clear glue along the side flaps and adhere to opposite edge to create a corner.
- Hold in place till the glue sets... or clip in place to save on time.
- Once glue is set, string bakers twine through holes on top lanterns. Pull close and gather. Then tie a simple bow.
- Leave bottom open to insert treats.
- Use a tag punch to cut out mini tags from Chalkboard paper.
- Write your message with a white opaque marker or pen.
You can fill these boxes with whatever treat you like, but I've found that these boxes fit bagged Oreos perfectly!! The shorter lanterns can fit 4, and the taller ones, fit 6!
I like tying my cellophane bags closed with fishing line so the strings remain unseen.
And here is the finished lantern treat boxes!!
As you can see, these little luminaries are perfect to house sweet treats for sweet friends...
Or use traditionally! Either way, it makes for a very inviting display!!
DIY Stack Luminaries (DCWV Inc.)
Chalkboard Stack (DCWV Inc.)
Tag Punch (Fiskars)
Halloween Fright- Twine (Blue Moon Beads)
White Opaque Marker (Recollections)
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
I hope you enjoyed to today's project!!
Until next time...
HAPPY CRAFTING, FRIENDS!!