Monday, July 27, 2015


Hi Crafty Friends... or should I say "hello"?! 

I've got an awesome card today that says just that! It's part 3 dimensional and part see-through, and all over fun!!

Supplies Used
Cut'n'boss (Craftwell)
Teresa Collins Pocket Dies (Butterfly-Memory Collection, Flower- Thankful Collection)
Teresa Collins Woodgrain Cottage Embossing Folder (Craftwell)
eBrush (Craftwell)
Spectrum Noir FS8
Sharpie Markers- light green, orange, brown
Leaf - Flowers, Branches, & Leaves Sizzlit (Sizzix)
Flower rhinestones (Hero Arts- Sparkle Gems)
Patterned paper (My Minds Eye- Happy Day)
Cardstock- Lt green and Lt brown (Bazzill Basics- Monochromatics Browns and Greens)
Acetate (Graffix)

I started my dimensional journey by embossing a piece of light brown cardstock through my Cut'n'boss machine using my Teresa Collins Woodgrain Cottage embossing folder. Then I cut my embossed cardstock down to a 4"x4" and 1"x4" pieces and set aside.

To emboss I used the following plate combo...

From bottom to top:

I then cut my Teresa Collins Pocket dies also using my Cut'n'boss machine.

This time I used the following plate combo to cut my dies:


Did you know the Cut'n'boss also cuts other brand dies?? I used my Cut'n'boss to cut sizzlits using the same combo as the embossing folder combo... but instead of a embossing folder I put the sizzlit die and paper in it's place.

Here is the combo to cut sizzlits:


With a paper trimmer I cut a  4" x 6" piece of  patterned paper  and a 4" x 12" piece of Acetate. I folded my acetate in half to create a 4" x 6" card base. 

I ran my 1" x 4" embossed panel , one butterfly , and 4" x 6" panel all through my Xyron Creative Station with my 9" refill. I sure can fit lots of material on here at once!! 

I still had a small 4"x4" embossed piece that needed some strong adhesive...

So I took out the 9" cartridge, flip up the green divider, and inserted my 5" Permanent Adhesive Cartridge...

and ran my last panel through... 

Peeled and stick time!! I attached the 1" wide strip along the bottom of my card. Then did the same to my 4" piece. This leaves a 1" gap ad a window between the two pieces.
I wanted my embossing to look a little more rustic so I distressed it with brown chalk in and dauber and I taped off the window with painter's tape to keep it clean.
Then I ebrushed my leaves to add more depth to my leaves. I used my sharpies first in green, then lightly with orange, and along the stems in brown.
Then attached my leaves with Diamond Glaze. I then peeled and attached my butterfly to my card front. I also attached my patterned paper onto the inside of my card.

For my second butterfly, I folded the wings back and added diamond glaze to just the body.

 I attached the two butterflies together just at the bodies and flipped the wings up to make it dimensional.

I shaped my flowers using a stylus and rubbed the backs of my flowers gently in a circular motion. I couldn't find my trusty mouse pad I usually use so I found a quick solution... fun foam!! LOL Worked like a charm!

Glued my flowers down with more Diamond Glaze and added my bling in the center of my flowers. And lasty I ebrushed the bottom of my "hello" using Spectrum Noir in FS8. Then I attached it onto my acetate.

And here is my finished card!!

I hope you enjoyed today's project...

I loved being able to stop and say HELLO but now it's time for me to say GOODBYE...
See you all next time!!

~ Mitsy