Hello Crafty Friends... I have a lovely project for those of you who know someone who could use a few words of encouragement. Sometimes just taking the time out to tell someone that everything will be ok makes a world of a difference. Remind them to stand tall and keep their head up, and that they can make it through anything with the right attitude.
Teresa Collins Pocket Dies (Doily- Lover's Lane, Leaf- Thankful, Flowers- Girls Best Friend))
Spectrum Noir Markers (FS8, CR3)
Sharpie Markers (lt. green, green, orange)
Leaf die (My Favorite Things- Blueprints 14)
Cardstock (white, green, aqua)
Patterned Paper (My Minds Eye)
Hot Glue Gun and glue sticks
Ek Success 2 way Glue Pen
8mm and 12mm stylus
First I ran my Teresa Collins pocket dies through my Cut'n'boss machine. Because it has an extra large platform I can cut several dies at once.
For metal dies I use the following platform combo(from bottom to top):
To make my card I cut out 1 doily, 4 large flowers, 2 medium flowers, 2 small flowers, and 2 leaves from my Teresa Collins Pocket dies. Pictured is 3 leaves but later I changed my mind and only used 2. I also cut out 7 stemmed leaves with my MFT things die (not shown).
Next I airbrushed the edges of my flowers using my ebrush and Spectrum Noir Markers in FS8 and CR3.
Using a rubber/foam mouse pad and a stylus I added dimension to my flowers by rubbing my stylus in a circular motion around the edges of each petal. For less strain on your hand , try rubbing you paper with waxed paper. This allows the stylus to glide across the paper easier.
I then hot glued each bowl of flowers together, gluing the smaller ones inside the larger ones. I also hot gued some stamens inside the smallest flower.
I then airbrushed my leaves using my ebrush and sharpie markers first in light green, the regulat green, and then lastly orange.
Here is what the leaves looked like after adding each color. First leaf is just the light green. The second leaf is light green with regular green around the edges. And the third is with all three colors.
I then glued my leaves onto some olive green cardstock and cut them out.
For my stemmed leaves I ebrushed them with the same colors as the leaves above except I added brown onto the stems.
I then stamped my sentiment onto my doily using a stamp from Virginia Turtle's beYou stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black inkpad.
Finally I assembled and adhered my pieces onto my card front. I adhered the doily using double-side adhesive. All the rest of my elements were adhered in place with hot glue.
And here is my finished card!
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!
For more amazing projects please visit my personal blog at: