Hey, Crafty Friends!! The most wondeful time the year is fast approaching! That means it's tie to swith our crafting into over drive so we can make all those holiday crafts before the actual holiday get's here!! And today I have a altered picture frame to share with you all today.
Picture Frame w/ Photo Mat
Spectrum Noir Markers
Gold Foil Cardstock
Diagonal Stripes Embossing Folder (Darice)
Script Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
Diamond Glaze ( Judikins)
I started off with an inexpensive picture frame I picked up at my local dollar store. It was just a little too blah for me but i knew I ccould dress it up.
I took the mat out of my frame and measured my sides. My mat mesure at 8'x 10" and is 1-1/2" thixk on all sides.
I cut (2) 10"x1-1/2" peices and (2) 8"x 1-1/2" pieces out of my patterned paper... which in this case had this pretty cool crackle looking finish to it.
I cut the end of my strips at a 45 degree angle using my frame and rule as a guide and drawing a line from corner to corner and then I repeated it for all four sides
Then I ebrushed my edges to give it an even more distressed look.
Once that was done, I ran all my trips through my Xyron Creative Station.
Then attached it to my photo mat.
Now it looks like aged painted wood... pretty good for being all paper, huh??!!
Using the insert that comes with the frame... you know which one I'm talking about... the picture of thhe family that isn't yours... yeah, thaat one... I used it as aguid to where to center my picture. It's pre-cut to fit the frame and the pic is already centered to fit exactly into the mat. Takes all the guess work out so I don't have to measure a thing. Then I simply used my Xyron Mega Runner and aadhered my photo. And presto, PERFECT FIT!!
I like the new crackled paint over wood effect that my frame was now sporting but I wanted to kick it up a notch. So, I used my cut embooss machine and cut out some trees using Teresa Collins dies out of craft cardstock.
Then embossed it.
Then I used my ebrush to color over the embossing and sanded it with a saanding block. This exposed the craft paper underneath the raised areas. Then I trimmed then sides of my Christmas trees to fit onto theside f my frame.
Here are more Teresa Collins die cut pieces I made using gold foil cardstock and more craft stock. I ebrushed all the crasft cardstock and left the gold foil pieces alone.
When I first put together my frame, I had only planned to have only the twine bow at top. But it seemed kind off and the yellow tones were making my girls look like theey visited the taanning salon one too many times... their skin appeared orange when it took photos of my frame...
I know I didn't birth oompa loompas so I needed a solution to their orange skin problem
Well, problem solved...
And even though they're the exact same color in both the above and below pics... the Green sprigs balances out and tones down the orang looking skin. My children are naturally tanned but they're not "THAT" tanned!! LOL
Here are some close-ups of the frame so you can see the dimension and texture better...
Well, hope you enjoyed my project for today!!
Until next time...