Hello Crafty Friends! I'm back again with Team Xyron and we are at the tail end of our fabulous week with 1Canoe2 and American Crafts. Today, I have an adorable mini train case box with a coordinating card.
Hazelwood Cork Diecut Shapes (1Canoe2)
Hazelwood Scrapbook Paper Collection (1Canoe2)
Creative Station Lite (Xyron)
Eileen Hull Train Case Die (Sizzix)
Strawberry Die Set (Stamps of Life)
Stitched Circle Dies (Pink and Main)
Hello Dies (Pink and Main)
Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Rhinestone Sliders (Dritz)
Tim Holtz Distress Stain- Bundles Sage (Ranger)
Tim holtz Distress Paint-Candied Apple (Ranger)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Walnut Stain (Ranger)
White Gel Pen (Sakura)
When I saw the Forest Berry paper I fell head over heels for it! I love all things strawberry and I knew I absolutely just had to make something from it.
I started by cutting my paper & chipboard down to 6" wide, Then cutting it again to 8 inches long. These measurements are the perfect size to cover just the main box panels of the die.
Next, I ran my patterned paper through my Xyron Creative Station Lite. I made sure to face the pattern, that I wanted to use, up. In this case I wanted the strawberries and polka dots.
Then, I peeled and attached onto my chipboard before die-cutting. When die cutting my covered chipboard piece I faced the pattern I wanted to appear on the outside of the box face down toward the blade.
I die cut two of each box panel piece. I folded all the pieces on their score lines. Then added liquid adhesive to the small tabs and adhered to the matching panel piece. To make sure it aligned properly, I used mini clothes pins to hold them in place while the glue dried.
Once the side panels were fastened securely I added liquid adhesive to the top flaps and adhered the top cover. I repeated the last step for the bottom piece as well. It's a perfect fit and aligns perfectly!
I measure out about 2 - 14" piece of double stitched grosgrain ribbon. I wrapped my ribbon around the trunk, starting from the front and working my way to the back and then up and over the top. Then secured in place with liquid adhesive.
Once those strap were dry, I added rhinestone sliders for "buckles" and magnetic discs for closures.
To make the card, I die cut a strawberry and two leaves from chipboard.
I used distress stain to color the stem of the strawberry and both leaves. Then used a distress paint on the berry. Chipboard unless treated is very porous and I applied a few layers so I zapped it with a heat gun to speed up the drying time.
I inked the edges using Walnut Stain distress ink and a mini blending tool. then glued the stem to the strawberry. Then added details with a white gel pen.
For the card base I used the gingham side of the "Rosewater" paper to make a A2 (4.5"x5.5") sized card. And die cut a stitched circle from the "Sweet as Honey" paper. I ran my circle through my Xyron and attached it to the center of my card.
Then I ran my strawberry, leaves, and a few cork embellishments through my CS Lite.... and presto instant stickers! I just peeled and stuck them onto my card front.
I die cut the word "hello" and attached it inside the polka dotted circle.
And here are the finished projects...
BOX- UP CLOSE
CARD- UP CLOSE
This set came out so "BERRY" cute and makes an amazingly "SWEET" gift set!!
Hope you enjoyed today's project, I know I sure did!!
Until next time...