Hello eBrush fans... Today's post I will show you how layering colors can take your airbrushing further and add more depth and dimension to your projects.
For this example I use a beautiful die cut with embossing. These types of dies are very intricate and very beautiful all on it's own. But, I will show you how you take that beauty to a whole new dimension.
eBrush with Sharpie(SP) Adapter
Anna Griffin 's Flower Vine Die
( DCWV- Endless Summer stack & Basic Grey- Serenade paper pad)
Virginia Turtle's Tree of Life Stamp set
VersaFine Inkpad in Onyx Black
EK Success 3D Dots (adhesive foam dots)
Here I will show you how to transform your die cuts and make them more realistic just by layering colors .
You will need to cut out your die with either plain white cardstock or plain craft cardstock. I find that using craft cardstock adds a more earthy appearance to my final result. Where as using white will brighten the results.
When layering my shading I like to use at least 2 tones of each color to add additional depth (ei. light green and green, lavender and purple, light pink and hot pink, orange and brown) having a light and dark version of each color.
FIRST THE LEAVES
Here I layered my greens and orange and browns for the leaves. Working from lightest to darkest.
1. Ebrushed a layer of green to all the leaves and stems.
2. Added a layer of dark green to just the stems and the thinner leaves.
3. Lightly ebrushed orange over the light green leaves.
4. Added brown just around the edges and the tips of the leaves.
NEXT ONTO THE FLOWERS
Starting with my purples and ending with my pinks for brightness.
5. Ebrush a even layer of lavender over all the flowers and buds.
6. Adding purple to the centers, edges, and de-bossed areas of the flower only.
7. Add an even layer of light pink over all the flowers.
8. Finish off by adding a layer of hot pink around the edges and de-bossed areas of the flowers.
Here's is the finished flower die cut. What a huge difference from the plain cut out version!!
Then I simply layered my patterned paper creating a card base. Added adhesive foam dots to the backside of the flower die cut and adhered it to my card. I stamped my sentiment from Virginia Turtle's Tree of Life stamp set and tied a bow with some organza ribbon. Finally I adding a rhinestone button in the center of the bow for some BLING...
Here is my FINISHED card...
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to layer colors with your eBrush!!
See you all next time!!