Craftwell's FREE SVG template by Judith Kim
Teresa Collins Cut'n'Boss machine (Craftwell)
Teresa Collins pocket dies (doily, leaves, and framed ticket/ label)
Spectrum Noir Markers (CR3, FS8, GB10, TN7, CG2, DG3)
Moment ink pad (Tsukineko- Tuxedo Black)
Sentiment Stamp (Virginia Turtle- Hedgehugs & Daisies)
12x12 sheet of acetate (overhead projection sheets or tansparencies would work fine)
Light box & stylus
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Blue painter's tape
First, I downloaded the free SVG file from the Craftwell blog. Then I cut it out of acetate with my digital cutter. I separated and re-sized into 6"x 6" squares. I made sure I used a sharp blade and did a multi cut. At least 2, but 3 times is better. This will make your stencils.
I taped my first stencil down to my work surface using blue painter's tape to hold it securely n place. I then sprayed down my first layer using my eBrush aand Spectrum Noir in CR3. The first stencil was the biggest flower of the templates.
This sis the result after just spraying the first stencil!! Looks good already!
I repeated the steps with second biggest flower stencil and instead of CR3, i used FS8. I know totally different color families... but hey. it works! I can start to see the flower building!! Looks awesome!
For the smallest details of the flower I actually layered 2 different colors on top of each other. I first used GB10 then TN7... Those two blended together to make that reddish brown above. This flower is looking outstanding!!
I saved the leaves for last to make sure the flower lined up properly. For the leaves I also used 2 different greens. Spectrum Noir CG2 and DG3. I ebrushed a base of CG2 then only accented it with DG3 around the edges. AND OH MY... the results... GORGEOUS!!!
Then I took each stencil (one at a time) and layered it over their matching image, taped it to my paper with blue painter's tape, and then flipped it over and used a stylus to emboss and raise the image.
Check out these results!! It gave the flower a lot of POP!! LOVE IT!!
Then with my Pocket Dies from Teresa Collins and my Cut'n'Boss. I cut out my pieces. I cut my doily into fourths... you'll see why in the next pic.
This is how I assembled my card. the doily wasn't big enough to cover the whole back and my rose image would have been completely covered. So this is a good way to fake the appearance of a having a huge die without actually having one!
Check out all the layers and dimension!!
I lastly attached my feathers leaves, and paper rose, Which I also ebrushed with the same Spectrum Noir markers above (CR3 & FS8). I then stamped my sentiment. This is from Virginia Turtle's Hedgehugs & Daisies set. I love the font used... It coordinates with the card perfectly!!
Here is the beautiful end result!! I just love it! I am definitely going to using this stencil over and over! It is very romantic!
Special Thanks to Judith Kim for making such an AWESOME file!!
Hope you all enjoyed this tutorial!