Thursday, October 22, 2015

You make me happy

Hello, Crafty Friends!! 
I have a CAS (Clean and Simple) card for you today! I went out of my comfort zone today and didn't distress, airbrush, or layer.... whaaat?? I know, crazy right?! I always wanted to try CAS but wasn't sure if I could pull it off...Let me know if I was able to or not. LOL

For today's card, I decided to use Brutus/Monroe's Botanical Sentiments I stamp set.

Botanical Sentiment I

Supplies Used
Botanical Sentiments I (Brutus/Monroe)
Mixed Media Paper (Strathmore)
Spectrum Noir Markers (CG3, CG4, DR2, DR4, DR6, IG1, IG4)
Momento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad(Tsukineko)
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad (Tsukineko)
Jelly Roll Pen (Sakura)
Glitter Enamel Dots (Virginia Turtle)
Black Cardstock (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper (Craft Smith)

I started by stamping my image onto Mixed Media paper. To be honest with you, this was the very first time I used this paper. It was an extremely thick and sturdy paper that was maybe a tiny bit thinner than chipboard. Yes, it was that  thick! But, I guess if it is hold up to all of what mixed media has to offer, it would have to be thick.

I cut my paper at 3.75"x 5" and stamped my image with Momento Tuxedo Black ink. I angled my first impression and adjust my stamp to be as close as possible without having to use a mask. Then stamped asecond time.

Then I used my Spectrum Noir Markers in DR2, DR4, and DR6 for the flowers and buds. And for the leaves I used CG and CG4. To add a shadow around my flowers, I used IG1 and IG4.

Then, I used a corner punch to cut off the corners and give my card front  a ticket look. I stamped my seentiment after the corners were cut so I could make sure my sentiment wouldn't get cut off. I also mimicked this ticket look onto my card base and mat. 

My card base is a standard A2 sized card, measuring 4.25"x 5.5". I gave my mat a .25" difference, measuring at4"x5.25".

I added a few enamel dots to accent... for some reason I like groups of three. Three of anything always seems to work with me. If you're not an enamel person, rhinestone or sequins would work here too.

Sine I used glittery ennamels, I wanted to add a bit of glitter to my flowers too. So, I used a Jelly Roll glitter pen on my flowers for a bit of shine.

Then I used my Xyron Creative Station to add adhesive to my card front and mat. The large 9" platform allows me to add adesive to both panels at the same time.

Then, I simply peel and stick.

And, here's my finished card


I hope you enjoyed today's project!

Until next time...
~ Mitsy

No comments:

Post a Comment